Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen. (Goethe)
Pamela Cook is a writer and teacher who believes in the potency of writing to transform people’s lives.
She has combined her English teaching experience with her love of creative writing to facilitate writing tutorials and workshops for adults of all ages and backgrounds. Pamela is passionate about helping people discover their innate creativity, learn how to write, develop confidence in telling their stories and refining their writing skills..
For Pamela, writing is about making connections – with our subconscious, with ourselves, and with each other.
• Bachelor of Arts
• Diploma in Education
• Masters of Arts in Creative Writing
• Over 15 years experience as a secondary school English teacher
• Tutor in Creative Writing at St George and Sutherland Shire Community College for over 5 years
• Published poet and short story writer
• Member of The Writer’s Dozen, a group who meet regularly at the NSW Writer’s Centre.
• Novel write.
• Selected for 2011 Queensland Writers Centre/Hachette Manuscript Development Program
• Four novels published by Hachette Australia:
• Blackwattle Lake (2012)
• Essie’s Way (2013)
• Close To Home (2015)
• The Crossroads (2016)
• Wildwords Workshops for beginning Writers at The NSW Writers Centre 2014, 2015
• Tutor for “Year of The Novel” Online Course run by The Queensland Writers Centre (2015)
Please visit my Author website if you would like to read more on my published books.